Re: [Help-glpk] inf as RHS of constraint

From: Kevin Hunter
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] inf as RHS of constraint
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:31:46 -0500

At 2:18pm -0500 Tue, 18 Jan 2011, Glpk Xypron wrote:
You can find the ILOG documentation at

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cosinfoc/v12r2/topic/ilog.odms.cplex.help/Content/Optimization/Documentation/CPLEX/_pubskel/CPLEX880.html

The Gurobi documentation is at
http://www.gurobi.com/doc/40/refman/node582.html

Both don't define inf and infinity as allowable values for the
right hand side of a constraint. On the other hand they don't
explicitely exclude it.

Ah. I had seen Gurobi's version, but I interpreted it more as a first-pass introduction to the LP format, rather than a complete specification or grammar. CPlex's version seems a tad more thorough, but is still not complete by my understanding of a grammar.

In any event, I very much appreciate your code snippet. I don't yet have that internal understanding of the GLPK code base to whip it out so quickly. Is there any chance that will be included in the next GLPK release?

Cheers,

Kevin