RE: [Help-glpk] Problems in using GLPK on MATLAB

From: #LI WEN#
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] Problems in using GLPK on MATLAB
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 17:13:28 +0000

Hi, Robbie,

Thanks for your advice. I just solved my problems.

1. compile glpkmex v2.8.
  My problem is when I run the makeglpkmex.m, I cannot find the required
'libglpk.a'. I think it should be the library file. So I replaced with glpk.lib
which is under the GLPK directory (I installed GLPK v4.34 on my PC, which is
downloaded from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/glpk.htm). However, it
doesn't work.
  So I downloaded the latest source code, and compile it to get a glpk.lib.
With this glpk.lib, I successfully compiled glpkmex v2.8.

  Despite the version problem, I found that the glpk.lib file under the GLPK
installation directory is quite small (55KB), compared with the glpk.lib
compiled by myself(>2MB). Actually, I compiled the source code of GLPK v4.34,
which is the same version with the one I installed. The glpk.lib file is above
1MB. But glpkmex v2.8 only works on glpk whose version is higher than 4.36.

2. compile my glpkmex file.
  I have a different interface file, which comes from another program I
downloaded. When I tried to compile it, I got some errors as follows:
> ----------------------------
> glpkmex.c
> glpkmex.c(457) : warning C4090: 'function' : different 'const'
> qualifiers
> glpkmex.c(141) : warning C4101: 'mxtmp' : unreferenced local variable
> glpkmex.c(139) : warning C4101: 'mxlambda' : unreferenced local
> variable
> glpkmex.c(581) : warning C4013: 'insist' undefined; assuming extern
> returning int
> glpkmex.c(623) : warning C4013: 'lib_env_ptr' undefined; assuming
> extern returning int
> glpkmex.c(623) : error C2223: left of '->mem_tpeak' must point to
> struct/union
>
>   C:\MATLAB\R2010A\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Compile of 'glpkmex.c' failed.
>
> ??? Error using ==> mex at 222
> Unable to complete successfully.
  I searched on Google, and found it might due to the version problem. Some
functions such as lib_env_ptr and insist are not supported anymore in new
versions. They are supported in versions ealier than 4.14 (which is quite old).
  Now I think I should modify the program to use glpkmex v2.8 or compile the
older version glpk. I prefer the former one, as it is said there're some memory
bugs in older version.

Thank all of you for your helps.

Best regards,
LI Wen