Re: [Help-glpk] glpk install options

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk install options
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 04:43:40 +1200 (NZST)

Hi Miguel, Andrew

To:           miguel paredes <address@hidden>
From:         Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
Date:         Wed, 17 Aug 2011 23:28:02 +0400

>> I use make --jobs=8 to use 8 cores but glpsol only
>> use 4. What another options can I use to compile
>> glpk.
>
> Glpsol is a single-threaded application. It does not
> use parallel computations and therefore has no such
> options.

This is a build-time issue, not a run-time issue.  The
option --jobs=n relates to 'make'.  The man page for
'make' suggests that 'n' provides an upper bound on the
number of commands 'make' is able to run simultaneously.
There is, therefore, no real problem.  And if there is,
it pertains to 'make' and not GLPK.

best wishes
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]