Re: [Help-glpk] MySQL Driver Error

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] MySQL Driver Error
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 22:51:17 +1200 (NZST)

To:           Robbie Morrison <address@hidden>
From:         Eric Moore <address@hidden>
Date:         Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:56:16 -0400

> Robbie,
>
> I took a shot at beefing up the explanation.  Have
> a look below and let me know if this is helpful.
>
> ********Update to the Online Documentation***************
>
> GLPK Windows 7 executable
>
> If you are using 64-bit Windows 7 and attempting
> to use the glpsol executable to pull input data
> from a MySQL database, solve a problem ..
>
> [snip]

> See if this makes sense to you.  Feel free to
> shorten it if you need to.  I wanted to give you a
> good explanation of what I was doing so that you
> can decide how best to explain it in the online
> documentation.  I may have gotten some of the glpk
> terminology incorrect, but I think you'll
> understand what I am doing.  For example, I'm not
> sure if "array" is the proper term in glpk.
>
> I pretty much have the "Out" function working to
> write data back to the database, but at the
> moment I can only write sets back to the
> database.  I need finalize the code to write
> back things like inventory levels that are
> dimensioned by finished goods and time periods.
>
> I hope this is helpful for you.
>
> Thanks for all your help.
>
> Eric

Hi Eric

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Many thanks for your very useful contribution.
The revised entry is here:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/ODBC#GLPK_Windows_7_executable

I did take the liberty of subbing it quite
heavily, so I hope it is still okay.  Perhaps you
and Xypron could check the content.

If you can send me your database write code
sometime, then I will add that too.

Your input is much appreciated, always good to
share these small bits of knowledge, Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]