Re: [Help-glpk] source code repository?

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] source code repository?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:23:10 +1300 (NZDT)

Hello all

To:           fork <address@hidden>
From:         Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
Date:         Wed, 09 Nov 2011 04:30:50 +0300

> Sorry for a delay in my response.
>
>> Is there a public source code repository for GLPK?
>
> Glpk being a GNU package has its repository on
> savannah.gnu.org; see
> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/glpk .
>
> However, currently the repository is empty, because
> nobody (including me) needs it.
>
>> It would be easier to submit patches if one could use
>> git or subversion to pull the latest sources locally
>> and play with them.  (I would like to give adding
>> Postgres to MathProg a shot.
>
> Why not to use odbc?
>
>> I realize that the distribution has the sources in
>> it, but that is only a snapshot release -- if one
>> wrote a patch against it, it might diverge
>> substantially from the real code (even though Andrew
>> cranks out an excellent release every six month, in
>> addition to answering my noob questions on email).
>> If I can help with setting up a repository on
>> something like Savannah or Github, let me know.
>
> I can upload the glpk codebase to the savannah, if
> necessary.

This would be a good move in my view.  But before Andrew
uploads the codebase, perhaps we (this list) should talk
about the associated policy issues.  Do we need to
appoint some "trusted lieutenants" as Xypron suggested?
Which revision control system should we select (all
things being equal, I would opt for 'git').  And so on.

Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]