[Help-glpk] Threaded GLPK

From: Parsiad Azimzadeh
Subject: [Help-glpk] Threaded GLPK
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:39:22 -0500

I am looking to implement a threaded version of GLPK in which each
thread is just another instance of GLPK solving LP, but perhaps using
different pivoting strategies or a different initial pivot. I do not
want each thread to incur the cost of parsing or presolving the
problem.

To do this, I wanted to essentially duplicate the contents at memory
glp_prob *lp that is passed to glp_simplex. However, a simple cloning
would not work as it seems like variables in glp_prob (i.e. void *cps,
void *tree, DMP *pool) point to particular places in memory. I was
essentially wondering if anyone could think of a painless way to do
this.

Thank you in advance.

--
Parsiad Azimzadeh