Re: [Help-glpk] fraction with vars

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] fraction with vars
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 11:36:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 2 May 2012, Kasper Tordrup wrote:

After looking over Xypron's example, it became clear to me that you lack
some information, sorry for that.
The x represent a percentage of p that I need, and this means that y is <=
to w.
So summing up:
x will always be <= to p.
y will always be <= to w.
if w is 0, then so are y.
p is a constant.
x,y and w are variables.
y and w are in the range [0..6] (or close to that)
and I want to calculate:
x_suj = p_s * (y_suj/w_su)

(repeating)
if w is 0, then so are y.

x_suj * w_su = p_s * y_suj

No division issues.

(repeating)
The x represent a percentage of p that I need, and this means that y is <=
to w.

Are you sure?

Sorry for the mess, hope this clarifies it.

Actually, 'tis a bit foggier now.
What is p? Can it be 22/7, 7/22, sqrt(2.), 1/123, pi?
Is the equality exact?
Why is there a percentage involved instead of a fraction?
One does not normally calculate with percentages.
Usually, percentages are just human-friendly input or output.

--
Michael   address@hidden
whom I teach not to run with scissors,