Re: [Help-glpk] AMPL book now free to download

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] AMPL book now free to download
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 07:18:52 +1200

Hello all, hello Robert

To:           address@hidden
From:         Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
Date:         Fri, 31 Aug 2012 00:21:41 +0400

> Dear Prof. Fourer,
>
>> We are pleased to announce that chapters of "AMPL: A
>> Modeling Language for Mathematical Programming" are
>> now freely available for download from
>> http://www.ampl.com/BOOK/download.html.  Chapters
>> 1-10 can also serve as an introduction to GMPL (GNU
>> MathProg), though there are differences in the
>> details.
>
> Thank you very much for your information and for making
> the AMPL book freely available.
>
> Andrew Makhorin

Just updated the GLPK wikibook with this information:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/GMPL_%28MathProg%29#Fourer.2C_Gay.2C_and_Kernighan_.282002.29

This resource should be a big help for MathProg.
I remember reading the book from cover to cover
about eight years ago (but never used the language).
Can I add my thanks to Robert and his co-authors
for making his book downloadable.

Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]