[Help-glpk] 200Mb of Tables - xmalloc error

From: Andrew B. Martin
Subject: [Help-glpk] 200Mb of Tables - xmalloc error
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:49:35 -0300

Hello,

I'm running a Windows XP 32bit with 1.95 Gb of RAM.

I'm am trying to build a model using .csv files, but am running out of memory (see xmalloc error below).

What is confusing me is that the combined size of the .csv files is no more than 200 Mb; when I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and watch memory consumption in the 'performance' window CPU Usage does not crack 60% and PF Usage gets to 2.58 Gb when glpk stops building and the error pops up. It doesn't seem like a model of this size should exhaust my RAM, and the performance readings suggest it isn't. However, the error remains.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

Cheers,
Andrew

GLPSOL: GLPK LP/MIP Solver 4.38
Reading model section from 22_Oct_Model.mod...
318 lines were read
Reading tab_Stands...
Reading tab_Prescriptions...
Reading tab_All_Stand_Types...
Reading tab_Yield_Types...
Reading tab_Ecodistricts...
Reading tab_Mills...
Reading tab_Segs...
Reading tab_Tsheds...
Reading tab_Ndrs...
Reading tab_Excl...
Reading tab_Buffer...
Reading tab_Stand_Area...
Reading tab_Stand_Age...
Reading tab_Stand_Types...
Reading tab_Stand_Types_Eco...
Reading tab_Stand_Ecod...
Reading tab_Stand_Tshed...
Reading tab_Stand_Ndr...
Reading tab_Stand_Buffer...
Reading tab_Yields...
xmalloc: no memory available
Error detected in file ..\src\glplib07.c at line 72

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.