[Help-glpk] glpk on amazon linux ami

From: David Curran
Subject: [Help-glpk] glpk on amazon linux ami
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:06:15 +0100

Hi
Has anyone used glpk on an Amazon ec2 micro instance? I am having trouble getting it working

sudo yum install glpk
  works fine

sudo yum list installed
  includes "glpk.x86_64                     4.40-1.1.4.amzn1                     @amzn-main"

and
 yum search glpk
gives

============================== N/S Matched: glpk ===============================
glpk-devel.x86_64 : Development headers and files for GLPK
glpk-doc.x86_64 : Documentation for glpk
glpk-static.x86_64 : Static version of GLPK libraries
glpk-utils.x86_64 : GLPK-related utilities and examples
glpk.i686 : GNU Linear Programming Kit
glpk.x86_64 : GNU Linear Programming Kit

But from here how do you actually run glpsol or even call glpk.h as a library?

<glpk.h> is not found if I include it in a c file or if I try gem install of rglpk

[ec2-user rubygems-1.8.11]$ sudo gem install rglpk
I get
checking for main() in -lglpk... no
ERROR: Cannot find the GLPK library, aborting.

a 'find / -name glpk*' does not find glpk files either.

   I could be doing something stupid with linux rather than linux on ec2. But any help you can provide me on how to get a "hello world" glpk example running on amazon ec2 linux would be great.
    David