[Help-glpk] [Fwd: Bound not being enforced]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Bound not being enforced]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 00:50:33 +0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: michael hegedus <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden <address@hidden>
Subject: Bound not being enforced
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:15:14 -0700

I have a MIP defined that is not solving correctly because there is a
bound defined that is not being enforced.

I validated the bound is defined correctly.  The constraint has an upper
bound of 0.  Here is the "row" information after inserting the
constraint:

Row: 11
Name: c2_2_1_B
Bound Type: 3
LB: -1.7976931348623157E308
UB: 0.0

But the solution generates with a row value of 42.   Here is the
corresponding row output after the solution:

Row: 11
Name: c2_2_1_B
Val: 42.0

Clearly the bound is violating the UB of 0 defined above.

I would be very appreciative of any suggestions.

Best Regards,

Mike.

P.S.  A couple of environmental notes if it is relevant.   I am running
GLPK 4.47 on Windows using the Java API.