Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Need help running GLPK code in Ubuntu server]

From: Kazi Moyeen ul Huq
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Need help running GLPK code in Ubuntu server]
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 13:55:23 -0400

Hi,
I tried to install the dependencies. Looks like the library "libgmp-dev " isn't available for the "lucid" suite. http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libgmp-dev .

I installed all the other build-depends: debhelper, cdbs, libltdl-dev,
zlib1g-dev, libiodbc2-dev, libmysqlclient-dev, automake, autoconf, libtool. "libgmp-dev" gave me the error msg -- E: Couldn't find package libgmp-dev.

Is there any work-around to that ? I'll try to install it from the other suites ( precise) but I get a feeling from previous experience that the server denies to install.

Thanks.
Kazi

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Heinrich Schuchardt <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Kazi,

> When I used sudo apt-get install libglpk-java , the server installs
> libglpk-java:  1.0.1-1.1. Then when I tried to run my program ( also

You seem to be on an outdated version of Ubuntu (lucid). The current
version is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin).

I suggest you uninstall GLPK and GLPK for Java on your Ubuntu server.
sudo apt-get remove libglpk0 libglpk-dev
sudo apt-get autoremove

Install the build-depends: debhelper, cdbs, libgmp-dev, libltdl-dev,
zlib1g-dev, libiodbc2-dev, libmysqlclient-dev, automake, autoconf, libtool

Then build GLPK and GLPK for Java from source as described on
http://glpk-java.sourceforge.net/gettingStarted.html

When you want to install with iODBC use this configure line for GLPK:
configure --enable-dl --enable-odbc --enable-mysql --with-gmp

If you prefer UnixODBC you will need unixodbc-dev instead of libiodbc2-dev, and may use this configuration line for GLPK:

configure --enable-dl --enable-odbc=unix --enable-mysql --with-gmp

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt