[Help-glpk] MathProg model processing error

From: robin hankin
Subject: [Help-glpk] MathProg model processing error
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:24:36 +1200

hello, v4.51, macosx 10.8.3

Please help me,  I have a problem and have boiled it down to the following .mod file which exibits the error I am struggling with:

wt118:~/Dropbox/glpk/alice_puzzle%
wt118:~/Dropbox/glpk/alice_puzzle% cat doesnotwork.mod
var x1, integer;
var x2, integer;
var x3, integer;

s.t. ss:   (x1 >= x2) and (x2 >= x3);

solve;
end;
wt118:~/Dropbox/glpk/alice_puzzle% glpsol -m doesnotwork.mod
GLPSOL: GLPK LP/MIP Solver, v4.51
Parameter(s) specified in the command line:
 -m doesnotwork.mod
Reading model section from doesnotwork.mod...
doesnotwork.mod:5: operand preceding >= has invalid type
Context: ...er ; var x2 , integer ; var x3 , integer ; s.t. ss : ( x1 >=
MathProg model processing error
wt118:~/Dropbox/glpk/alice_puzzle%

what is wrong with my doesnotwork.mod file?  What is wrong with my 'ss' constraint?

thanks in advance

--
Robin Hankin
Uncertainty Analyst