Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: glpk on aix]

From: Nigel Galloway
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: glpk on aix]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 03:52:01 -0700

Celine,

GLPK examples include assign.mod which when run produces:

Agent  Task       Cost
    1     1         13
    2     8          8
    3     7         13
    4     5         12
    5     2          6
    6     6         16
    7     4          3
    8     3          5
----------------------
     Total:         76

To reproduce this using glpk's API I turn to page 46 Assignment Problem section of Graphs.pdf in glpk docs directory and do the following to the code example on page 56:

    Change GLP_ASN_MMP to GLP_ASN_MIN (line 19).
    Modify the printf to only print when x is 1

then using the assign.mod data in DIMACS format (sample.asn attached) it produces the following:

Reading assignment problem data from `sample.asn'...
Assignment problem has 8 + 10 = 18 nodes and 64 arcs
75 lines were read
ret = 10; sol =    76
edge  1 11: x = 1; c = 13
edge  2 18: x = 1; c = 8
edge  3 17: x = 1; c = 13
edge  4 15: x = 1; c = 12
edge  5 12: x = 1; c = 6
edge  6 16: x = 1; c = 16
edge  7 14: x = 1; c = 3
edge  8 13: x = 1; c = 5

I distinguished Agent Nodes from Task Nodes by adding 10 to the Task Nodes so it thinks there are 18 nodes in total but 9 and 10 are unused.

If you don't want to use DIMACS you may write your own read procedure using the glp_add_vertices and glp_add_arc routines described on pages 8 and 9.

--
Nigel Galloway
address@hidden