[Help-glpk] cspsol webapp

From: David Curran
Subject: [Help-glpk] cspsol webapp
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 13:15:01 +0000

I think it would be fun to turn cspsol into an easy to use web app.
cspsol: Simple Cutting Stock Problem Solver Using GLPK API
https://code.google.com/p/cspsol/

I plan to do this at the #hack4good hackday in Dublin on Tuesday
http://blog.geekli.st/post/64940486207/geeklist-hack4good-goes-to-the-web-summit-in-dublin

Do you have any advise on how to do this? What do you think is the best way to integrate cspsol with a web server? I presume the advise will hold for other programs based on GLPK.

One obvious way is to use the standard web programming languages to turn user input into the format cspsol wants. Then get php (or ruby or python) make a system call to run cspsol. And then to parse the results to a format that can be easily understood by the user.

Is this how you would create a web app like this?
   Thanks for the help
   David