Re: [Help-glpk] Java Interface for GLPK

From: Norman Jessup
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Java Interface for GLPK
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 20:34:44 +1000

Heinrich

Thank you for this prompt and helpful reply.

regards

Norman Jessup

On 4/09/14 8:11 PM, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
Hello Norman,

different Java bindings have been created.

The only one currently maintained is the one available at
http://glpk-java.sourceforge.net

Precompiled Windows binaries are available at
http://winglpk.sourceforge.net

For Debian and Ubuntu a package is available.

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt

http://www.xypron.de

Am 04.09.14 um 08:10 schrieb Norman Jessup

Hello,

Could someone please clarify the status of the Java interface to GLPK.

The Wikibooks entry has me confused as it says  "It is no longer

maintained and cannot be used with current versions of GLPK" but also

says there are third-party projects providing this.

Is there more than one Java interface and how would I choose which to use?

,To put this into context what I need to do is to create an LP problem

then modify it by adding new constraints and re-solving.  I could so

this with Python rather than Java, but again there appears to be more

than one option.

I'm running under Mac OS X 10.8 at the moment but may move to Linux

soon, if this is a factor.

Thank You

--

Norman Jessup