Re: [Help-glpk] Memory Allocation Problem in GLPSOL Solver

From: Nigel Galloway
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Memory Allocation Problem in GLPSOL Solver
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 07:33:51 -0800

I looked at the memory used per integer variable in the following post:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2008-07/msg00065.html

Andrew kindly provided an analysis of why more than 1000 bytes is required per integer:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2008-07/msg00044.html

So if you have 2 million integers you should be expecting to use in excess of 2GB of memory. You may be using less if the presolver has eliminated some (perhaps).

Is your glpsol compiled as 32 bit or 64bit?

You can experiment with the maximum number of variables you can mange using huge.mod from the example directory.
--
Nigel Galloway
address@hidden