Re: [Help-glpk] GLPSOL solver running problem

From: Nigel Galloway
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPSOL solver running problem
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 05:14:31 -0800

Do you have 30GB of memory available? With no idea what you have put into all these rows and columns of the constraint matrix it is impossible to be specific, but the model is at least (definitely I would say at least) 5 times larger than anything I would even dream of attempting on my 8GB desktop.

You are going to have to find some way of starting smaller, I would say about 1% of its current size, then scale up identifying the resources you are using and predicting the maximum you can possibly hope to build.

Have you tried using GLPK's API to understand what the internal data structures are and possibly finding a way of using the API to build this model more efficiently then MATHPROG can?

--
Nigel Galloway
address@hidden