[Help-glpk] Name assignments to a large number of variables

From: john tass
Subject: [Help-glpk] Name assignments to a large number of variables
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 11:35:32 +0200

Good morning to everyone,
I have a question which may be too simple to answer. Nevertheless I am not quite sure how to proceed.
I intend to use GLPK within an ANSI C application and I want to use the API of GLPK.
The model I want to solve is too large as far as its size is concerned, i.e. it contains a large number of decision variables. For instance, I have to use the binary variables Xtcpd, where t, c, p, d are indices, t = 1,...,100, c = 1,...,30, p = 1,...7, d = 1,..,5. So far, the number of Xtcpd variables is obviously 100*30*7*5 = 105000. In addition, I need to use an extra large amount of auxiliary variables, and a large number of constraints.
The question is how to create the names of all these variables and the names of all these constraints. Obviously, I can not create all these names in a hard coded fashion. Perhaps I can make use of matrices (?). An if so, how exactly shall I write the code?
Any answer will be very appreciated.

--
Ioannis X. Tassopoulos