[Help-glpk] [Fwd: glp_intopt conversion of solutions via callback]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: glp_intopt conversion of solutions via callback]
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 15:12:30 +0300

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Sascha Brügmann <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 22:05:35 +0100

Hi,
I use GLPKs glp_intopt. As I always have an (mostly non-optimal)
feasible solution to all of my problem-LPs I need a way to inject these
initial solutions. I've tried the callback-way like described
here https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2012-02/msg00031.html.

Question 1: Documentation for GLPK 4.57 chapter "5.2.7 glp_ios_heur_sol"
talks about 'original problem' such that one can think
that glp_ios_heur_sol accepts a solution for the non-preprocessed-mip
which is then converted to preprocessed-mip automatically. This
contrasts to what has been written on the upper link i've posted. Who is
right?

Question 2: If glp_ios_heur_sol requires the provided solution in
presolved-mip-format, how can I convert a solution from
non-presolved-mip-format (the original LP-problem)
to presolved-mip-format?

Thanks