Re: [Help-glpk] Patch to configure a reentrant version of GLPK

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Patch to configure a reentrant version of GLPK
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 03:02:47 +0300

Hi Chris,

> The attached patch adds the --enable-reentrant option to configure
> (disabled by default) as suggested by David Monniaux a few days ago
> [1]. When selected, the appropriate thread local storage class
> specifier is identified, added to config.h and used in tls.c. The
> patch is based on the work of Dmitry Nadezhin [2] and the ax_tls macro
> form the autoconf archive [3] simplified to match the configure.ac
> style, The code remains C89 if the option is not selected.
>
> I have tested this extensively but only on Linux with gcc, so
> additional testing and feedback is welcome.

Thank you very much for the patch. I will include this feature in the
next version of the package.

> [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2016-12/msg00023.html
> [2] https://github.com/nadezhin/thermocompensation
> [3] http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_tls.html

Chris, I also would like to thank you for the patch regarding to a bug
in dual simplex phase posted on May, 2016. Sorry for a very long delay
in my response (just returned from the salt mines :). Hope to fix that
bug and make a new release.

Best regards,

Andrew Makhorin