Re: [Help-glpk] testing glpk 4.62 on a 64-bit platform

From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] testing glpk 4.62 on a 64-bit platform
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 19:12:18 +0200

Hello Andrew,

the code is still wrong in minisat.h:

typedef int  lit;

This assumes that int never has more bits then size_t. This is not
guaranteed. The x32 ABI uses 32bit addresses and supports 64bit integers
(https://lwn.net/Articles/456731/). It depends on the compiler if int
has 32 or 64bit.

Change the definition to either

typedef size_t lit;

or

typedef ssize_t lit;

depending on your need to use signed or unsigned integers.

The following line has a typo:
/* vector of 32-bit intergers (added for 64-bit portability) */

The following typedef is also wrong. The size of arrays should not be of
type int but of type size_t.
And int is not guaranteed to be 32bit. Use int32_t if you explicitly
need 32bits.

typedef struct /* veci_t */ {
    int    size; // this should be size_t
    int    cap;  // this should be size_t
    int*   ptr;  // this should be int32_t* if you need 32bit
} veci;

Same bug here:
typedef struct /* vecp_t */ {
    int    size; // this should be size_t
    int    cap;  // this should be size_t
    void** ptr;
} vecp;

Please, carefully review the types used in the whole module.
It should make no assumptions about the relative lengths of pointers and
integers.

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt