Solver performance solving examples/life_goe.mod

From: Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Subject: Solver performance solving examples/life_goe.mod
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 13:54:35 +0200

Hello !

Testing GLPK I left it solving examples/lie_goe.mod for more than 2 hours and it didn't found a solution (wasm and native) then I stopped then and tried with cplex/gurobi/xpress/scip all of then gives a solution instantly (except scip that takes 3s).

The difference is so big, have someone managed through command line options or other means managed to get a solution quickly with glpsol ?

Any idea of how to improve GLPK to not be so behind ?

Cheers !