Output to GMPL data file

From: Philippe Jugla
Subject: Output to GMPL data file
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 18:06:53 +0000

Hello everyone,

I am looping with a .bat file to run N simulations with glpsol.

At the end of each simulation, I would like to use the value of a variable which is calculated, as an input for the next simulation.

What I have written in my .mod file doesn't work because it does not overwrite my storage.dat file after each simulation...

in the .mod file :

TIME = 0..T-1;

param initial_storage;

var storage {t in TIME};

/* I want to output the final storage value as initial storage for next simulation*/

printf ‘data; param initial_storage := ‘ & storage[T-1].val & ‘ ;’ >> ‘storage.dat’

printf ‘end ;’ >> ‘storage.dat’

the .bat file :

for /l %%k in (1,N,1) do (
echo solving DAY %%k...
"%GUSEKPATH%\glpsol.exe" --cuts -m "model.mod" -d "storage.dat" -d "data_%%k.dat"
)

Is there a way of achieving this ?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,