Re: GNATS and MIME

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: GNATS and MIME
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:05:16 +0100

At 20:09 20.02.2001 +0100, Milan Zamazal wrote:
Though the presented Perl script can serve as an acceptably good
workaround for some sites, it's necessary to find a real solution
sometimes.  I think GNATS should handle non-ASCII e-mails, in both
directions, itself.  However the issue is non-trivial, when solving it
we should probably not limit GNATS to 8-bit encodings and should work on
it together with overall GNATS internationalization.

I'm personally not going to solve the problem until GNATS 4 is released.

I agree. This needs to find a better solution, and the Perl script is no more than acceptable. It might not be too much work, since fairly good library functions shouldexist for this kind of thing. I really wish I was a stronger programmer.

But let this serve as an invitation to everyone with a bit of free time on their hands to join us.

- Yngve