Antwort: Re: how to install gnatsweb???

From: stefan . kaes
Subject: Antwort: Re: how to install gnatsweb???
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:03:10 +0100

Well, I had the same problem: the test failed

> [....] test.pl: Can't call method "header" on an undefined value at
gnatsweb.pl line 2117, <SOCK> line 1.
> connect...........................................FAIL

I continued the installation nevertheless: I can query the database via
gnatsweb and look at pr's but editing pr's doesn't work.
I get change notification messages per email, but the pr's never change in
the database. I suspected unix access rights but they look OK.
Any ideas?

The main reason that I'm trying gnatsweb is its supposed ability to include
file attachments, although from the documentation I got the feeleing, that
attachments show up in text format in notifications etc.

Will gnats4 have native support for attachments (so that bug reports have
mime format)?#

Stefan Kaes

portax.com GmbH
Zielstattstrasse 40, Geb. 16
81379 München

Tel:        +49 (0)89 748 99 - 127
Fax:        +49 (0)89 748 99 - 111
Mob:       +49 (0)172 89 86 401
E-Mail:   address@hidden
Web:     http://www.portax.com
_________________________________

Additional award for portax.com - Top Chemical Content Award
portax.com has received the Top Chemical Content Award for a well
structured and user friendly marketplace, a broad range of daily updated
industry news and value added services. This award is given by Chemie.de a
leading information platform for the chemical and life science industry.
_________________________________

                    George Nawfal

                    <address@hidden>               An:     Wes Barris
<address@hidden>
                    Gesendet von:                     Kopie:  Mailing List
<address@hidden>
                    address@hidden        Thema:  Re: how to install
gnatsweb???
                    redhat.com

                    19.03.2001 19:08

Hi!

I've had this problem before.   I was missing a colon in one of the lines
in the 'Categories' file.

Look into your gnats-db.conf file and make sure that it is correct.
Then look into the configuration files and verify that they are correct
too. Try to restore those files to their defaults and
see if that solves your problem. It worked for me.

George

Wes Barris wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need some help installing gnatsweb.  I am trying to do this on a
> new Redhat 7 (Linux) system.  I have tried installing gnats via rpm
> (the prefered method), cvs (as described on
> http://sources.redhat.com/gnats/), and finally, building manually (using
> configure, make, etc.).  It seems that gnats itself is working.  I can
> use either send-pr or query-pr and all is well.
>
> I can't get gnatsweb-2.7beta to work with any of these installations.
> It can't be that hard.  Others use it, right?  The INSTALL file that
> comes with gnatsweb says:
>
> 1) install gnatsd -- Done.
>
> 2) configure host access -- Done.
>
> 3) gnats/web servers on same hose -- Skip.
>
> 4) line 1 of gnatsweb.pl -- Done.
>
> 5) make test USERNAME=anon PASSWORD=pw DATABASE=db_alias
>
> What is the "db_alias"?  This is the first I have seen it mentioned.
> Here is what I tried:
>
> address@hidden make test USERNAME=wes PASSWORD=test DATABASE=gnats-adm
> perl test.pl
>
> <H1>Software error:</H1>
> <PRE>Can't call method &quot;header&quot; on an undefined value at
gnatsweb.pl line 2117, &lt;SOCK&gt; line 1.