[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Announcing gnatsweb 2.8.0
Announcing gnatsweb 2.8.0
Fri, 04 May 2001 17:07:03 +0200
For the first time in 17 months, a new Gnatsweb release is ready. It
proudly bears the version number 2.8.0.
Gnatsweb 2.8.0 is based on version 2.7 beta, and the focus has been
primarily on bug fixing. Virtually all known problems in 2.7 beta have been
fixed. The two that aren't are minor ones, documented in the INSTALL file
of the 2.8.0 distribution.
This is meant as a more or less "final" release of Gnatsweb for Gnats
3.11x, Gnatsweb 2.x won't work with the upcoming Gnats 4. Versions working
with Gnats 4 will have version numbers starting with a '4'. Patches and
contributions are still most welcome, though, as the meaning of "final" is
The main FTP URL of the Gnatsweb 2.8.0 distribution (58 kB) is
This site is very hard to get into, though, so I have set up an HTTP mirror at
These are the contents of the NEWS file in the Gnatsweb 2.8.0 distribution:
Current Version: 2.8.0
See the file ChangeLog for the details of all changes.
Changes from 2.7 beta to 2.8.0
* Both the Gnats and Gnatsweb version numbers are now displayed in the
main page footer.
* If a user pressed the 'Stop' button of the browser right after
pressing 'Submit' on the Edit PR page, the PR would not be properly
unlocked. This has been fixed in a hopefully watertight way.
* If edits were submitted to a locked PR, Gnatsweb would not catch the
error, and instead display a confusing error message saying that the
PR had been modified since you started editing it. Gnatsweb now
properly warns of a locked PR and stops the submission.
* Documentation updates to avert problems when people install Gnatsweb
on top of a multiple-database Gnats.
* The page banner is now a little smaller, and the text "gnatsweb" is
now displayed in a smaller typeface.
* On the Advanced Query Page, we now display a line below 'Closed
After' and 'Closed Before' reminding users to uncheck 'Ignore
* A bug where users would be able to create new PRs with PR numbers
composed both out of letters and numbers has been corrected.
* When a non-existing PR number was typed into the 'view' or 'edit'
textboxes on the front page, no error message would be given, and
the user would be presented with a blank PR. Checks have been added
to prevent this.
* Internet Explorer users are now being properly redirected to the
Gnatsweb main page after submitting an edit.
* Internet Explorer would try to give downloaded attachments the same
name as the gnatsweb script file itself. This has been fixed.
* Editing PRs with attachments caused Gnatsweb 2.7 beta to crash. This
has been fixed.
* URLs in PR text are now being automatically converted to clickable
links when PRs are displayed.
* Fixed a bug where HTML tags in PR fields weren't being properly
escaped before being displayed in the query results.
* It is now possible to link an external stylesheet to all Gnatsweb
pages. The Gnatsweb-generated HTML has been thoroughly cleaned up in
order to support stylesheets better.
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- Announcing gnatsweb 2.8.0,
Yngve Svendsen <=