Parsing bug reports for indexing

From: Bill Moseley
Subject: Parsing bug reports for indexing
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:02:32 -0800

Hi,

I need some code to parse bug reports for indexing by swish-e, and I'm
trying to avoid reinventing the wheel.

I'm wondering if anyone has written a perl module for parsing the reports,
cleaning up any MIME (and Outlook junk), and which provides an OO interface.

Anyone done this already?

If not, I assume I can just use basic MIME tools to do this, but I'm not
clear on all the possible fields (e.g. Audit-Trail) that might be in a bug
report.

The goal is to parse out dates, status, author, subject, and body text, and
perhaps replies to the report.

Thanks,

Bill Moseley
mailto:address@hidden