Re: Problem after adding a new database

From: Rick Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problem after adding a new database
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:58:22 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Naveen wrote:

> These are the following enteries
> gnats-admin:address@hidden
> bugs:address@hidden
> bugs:"|/opt/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q -d /usr/local/share/gnats-db/"
> mhp:"/opt/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q -d /usr/local/share/gnats/mhp-db/"

You're missing some things. Try this:

(NOTE: for the entries "tality-gnats" and "mph-gnats", you need to use the
GNATS_SITE configuration value, which you can find in gnats-adm/config,
with "-gnats" on the end. I just used guesses below.)

gnats-admin:address@hidden
tality-gnats: bugs
bug-q:  "|/opt/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q -d /usr/local/share/gnats-db/"
bug-log: /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db/gnats-adm/bugs.log
bugs:    bug-q, bug-log

mph-gnats: mph
mhp-q:   "/opt/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q -d
/usr/local/share/gnats/mhp-db/"
mph-log: /usr/local/share/gnats/mph-db/gnats-adm/bugs.log
mph:     mph-q, nph-log

You can remove the log entries if you wish. If you use them, make sure the
gnats user can write to them (I just make the log files 666 permissions).

> I am running this cron file
> 0-59 * * * * /opt/local/libexec/queue-pr -q -d /usr/local/share/gnats/mhp-db/"

You need a cron job for each database. You can string them together:
> 0-59 * * * * /opt/local/libexec/queue-pr -q
        -d /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db ;