From: Hans-Albert Schneider
Subject: FAQ
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:55:35 +0100 (CET)

A long, long time ago (on September 21st, 2001), I wrote:

    > So I wondered whether there is an FAQ, [...]
    > If there is none, I am thinking of starting one in my spare
    > time.

OK, I did not expect my time to be *that* spare, but now there is
a first version at

        http://www.ha-schneider.de/software/gnats/faq.html

and

        http://www.ha-schneider.de/software/gnats/faq.texinfo

This is my first FAQ for an open source project, and it is my
first TeXinfo document.  Feel free to mail me any additions, as
well as any stilistic suggestions and corrections.

Those using GNATS 4 already: Could some of you tell me what has
changed?

Should the source be TeXinfo, or is something else more
appropriate?  (HTML?)

If TeXinfo is preferred, is there a better way than texi2html to
convert it into HTML?  (What does the GNU site do?  I seem to
have read that their source is TeXinfo, too, but they seem to
have another way to translate it to HTML.)

Hans-Albert

--
Hans-Albert Schneider
Munich, Germany