Gnatsd user authentication problem...

From: Seth Bridges
Subject: Gnatsd user authentication problem...
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 23:42:02 -0700

Hi, I am having troubles getting gnatsd to upgrade my permissions when I
login via telnet.

I am able to telnet to localhost:1529 and I am granted the default access
set in $INSTDIR/etc/gnats/gnatsd.host_access (listdb for example).
However, upon entering the command:

user <name> <passwd>

with <user> and <pw> set in $INSTDIR/com/gnatsdb/gnats-adm/gnatsd.access
as:

anon:$0$pw:edit:

...I receive the message:

210-Now accessing GNATS database 'default'
210 User access level set to 'listdb'

Am I missing something obvious?  I have tried setting both the database
specific gnatsd.access as well as the default copy, and nothing seems to
work.  Ideas?

Thanks,

-sb