Re: trouble getting gnats to work properly (or the way I want)

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: trouble getting gnats to work properly (or the way I want)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:36:36 -0500

Leif Warland <address@hidden>  wrote:
> file in "gnats-queue/file" is moved to "gnats-queue/.file". If do a
> file-pr directly ("file-pr -f gnats-queue/file -d mydatabase") the PR
> is filed as expected.
>
> Does anybody know why queue-pr -r fails every time?

I've run in to this before and can't for the life of me remember what
the problem was.  I want to say that in my case, it had something to
do with a poorly formed PR or a bad dbconfig.  When I brought up our
temporary GNATS server, I had to rebuild the dbconfig file from the
one found in the defaults directory.  I couldn't pin-point the exact
issue, nothing looked suspect in the dbconfig used with 3.999.2, but
like you, I couldn't get queue-pr to behave correctly.

One of the enhancements for GNATS and its tools that I would like to
add is verbose/debugging output with meaningful (published) return
values.  Perhaps a lint-like tool to check the correctness of the
dbconfig file.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/