Status Update

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Status Update
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:05:16 -0500

The last few months have been pretty busy for me.  During the summer
months at the University, we seem to loose student employees faster
than kids running from a busted frat party.  As a result, I haven't
been very good about hording my promised GNATS development time.  For
that, I apologize.

In any case, I've carved out two hours each Friday during which time I
plan on retreating to my secret hideout to incorporate some of the
outstanding patches.  I'd like to try to roll out a patch release for
4.1 and 4.0 that at least addresses the suid binary installation.
(The "secret hideout" is rather important here.  Most of my day
revolves around interruptions and drop-in visits.)

I haven't made any further headway on the automake conversion since my
last post, but I'll commit my changes to my local repository for your
perusal.

The GNATS database on skuld.wookimus.net is temporarily down as a
result of moving to a new house this last month (another reason why
I've been scarce lately).  I need to pull the DB from the old server
and get up and running again.  I plan on creating a virtual host for
gnats.wookimus.net, or maybe I could actually talk the FSF sysadmin
into installing it on fencepost for us (if FSF has actually hired the
new sysadmin yet).

Anyway, let me know if there are any outstanding patches you'ld like
incorporated today.

Yngve, I'll incorporate your patch for PR#495.

Has anyone had a chance to test Mel's elisp patches yet?
--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/