Xwindow Title Bar

From: Stephen Nightingale
Subject: Xwindow Title Bar
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:13:20 +0900 (JST)

Dear Emacs'ers,

How can I change the Title on the Xwindow Title Bar in my
emacs window?

I'm using the Mule version of emacs (to get Japanese text
input/display) (Emacs 19.34 / Mule 2.3) and I'm trying to
change the title bar on the mule/emacs window.

"Learning GNU Emacs" doesn't readily offer a command, and
using the escaped shell command "xth <some new title text>"
squishes the proposed new title into the miniwindow.

Help appreciated .... thanks,

Stephen Nightingale.
ATR Spoken Language Translation Laboratory.