fill-paragraph and hscroll

From: Moore, Mathew L
Subject: fill-paragraph and hscroll
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:23:21 -0500

I don't really like to use auto-fill mode that much, especially when I
program.  But I do like to have the comments in my programs filled so that
they are easy to read.  So normally I just have hscroll-mode on and use
fill-paragraph in the comments when I am done writing them.

Is there an easy way to tell emacs to hscroll back to zero when I do a
fill-paragraph?  Sometimes when I am writing a long comment and do the fill,
the cursor is far enough to the right of the screen after the fill to still
make emacs maintain an hscroll-offset (that is, only half of the file is
seen, the rest is scrolled of the left of the window).  I would rather it
went back to a zero hscroll position after I do a fill.  (I know I am
probably not using the correct terminology here, so I hope I am not too
confusing.)

Any help you can offer would be great.

Thanks,
--Matt