Re: synchronized h-scrolling?

From: Kalle Olavi Niemitalo
Subject: Re: synchronized h-scrolling?
Date: 21 Apr 2001 19:09:36 +0300

"Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu>
writes:

> Actually, you'd probably be even better off using window-scroll-functions
> (originally meant for lazy-lock, I believe).

Now that looks useful, except for one thing.  In 20.7, if I have
several windows displaying the same buffer, and type C-x < in one
of them, the window-scroll-functions get called for each of those
windows in top-to-bottom order.  My code then doesn't know which
window's hscroll value it should copy to the others.

If I scroll a window vertically, only that window is reported to
the window-scroll-functions.  Is the behavior with hscroll a bug?

I guess I could work around it by storing the previous hscroll
position in a buffer-local variable... but I'd rather not.