Where can I find a X-windows nt-emacs binary version?

From: Nicolas Brouard
Subject: Where can I find a X-windows nt-emacs binary version?
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:52:49 +0200

Hi,

I havn't found an answer to my question in any Emacs-FAQ. And I hope that it will be a frequent question as cygwin is spreading among the NT-users.

I have installed and am using cygwin and Xfree on my Windows 2000 platform.
I also use inetd so that I can telnet from a unix box or even from any other windows based PC to my PC. I would like to use gnu-emacs compiled with the cygwin X11R6 libraries so that with a telnet and an export DISPLAY I can use my PC files remotely.

Unfortunately I can't use emacs -nw (and I read that it was not possible to use it with nt-emacs).

And I can't even use nt-emacs -display hostname:0 because nt-emacs is not linked with X11R6 libraries.

Do you know if it is possible to get a binary version of gnu-nt-emacs which could be used with X-windows of even if the modifications to compile it are easy?

Nicolas Brouard
Paris
mailto:brouard@ined.fr