HTTP Tunnel - Emacs

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: HTTP Tunnel - Emacs
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:56:05 +0530

Hi,
 I have a problem of being behind a firewall (there may be many). I
 would like to use Emacs for POP mail retrieval and sending mails
 through SMTP from a server accessible only through a proxy server
 with authentication. I have a downloaded software which establishes a
 HTTP tunnel which maps the local port to the remote host's port
 through the proxy server and I am able to send (this mail too) and
 receive mails.
 I would like to know the following things:
 1. Is there is anything similar in Elisp for Emacs.
 2. Has anyone successfully used GNU HTTP Tunnel program on Windows NT
    and used it through Emacs.

 I am not subscribed to this list. I would request responses posted
 (if any) to this mail to be sent to me also.

with best regards,
dhruva

       |     Remaining time multiplied by distress is CONSTANT     |