Re: Keys in Emacs and Window Managers

From: sen_ml
Subject: Re: Keys in Emacs and Window Managers
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:39:22 +0900 (JST)

Hello,

I thought a bit more about this matter of associating window manager
actions w/ key sequences of the form C-c LETTER.

I'm not happy with it because:

  1) The sequences seem too complicated for such simple actions --
     e.g. move to next workspace.  I think it's more appropriate to
     have sequences such as C-RIGHT.  What would be more tolerable
     (but still not a great idea) is a sequence like C-c C-RIGHT, but
     C-RIGHT is not a letter, and as such I presume it's not reserved
     for a user to define (from an Emacs perspective).

  2) C-c already has a meaning for terminals.  I don't like the idea
     of having to type something else like C-c c.

Isn't there some other approach other than one that would require me
to redefine well-established Emacs key sequences?

Help!  ;-)