source file C in emacs

From: ha nguyen
Subject: source file C in emacs
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:50:57

Hello there,
I have Linux Mandrake 8.1 which includes the compiler C.

Under Emacs, I wrote a small programme in C. When I compile it under Emacs, who propose me to use the command "make -k", I type return carriage", I have the folowing message error:
" make:*** Pas de cibles spécifiées et aucun makefile n'a été trouvé. Arrêt." (this means "no target specified and no makefile found).

I do not understand why as I have already created a makefile.

Under un Terminal, I type the name of the programme that I have written (hello.c, for example), I have the following message (sorry in French as I installed in French):
bash: /usr//bin/cc: Permission non accordée (this means no permission).

Could you please explain to me why do I have these problems? Is it a problem of emacs or of the compiler under Linux? and how can I solve it? Please help me.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,

N.T Ha