Adding file types for automatic uncompressing

From: Molitor, Stephen
Subject: Adding file types for automatic uncompressing
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:57:23 -0500

I'd like to add a few file types to the set of compressed file types, so
that when I open a file via find-file or dired, it automatically get's
uncompressed.  Specifily, .ear and .war files.  These are just zip files,
with different extensions.  I tried doing this:

(setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\\.ear$" . ear-mode) auto-mode-alist))
(setq file-name-buffer-file-type-alist (cons '("\\.ear$" . t)
file-name-buffer-file-type-alist))

But that didn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks!

Steve Molitor
smolitor@erac.com