Emacs 21.2.1 X resources

From: Daniel Tourde
Subject: Emacs 21.2.1 X resources
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:34:43 +0200

Hello,

Is there a plcae where I could find an EXHAUSTIVE and well documented list of the Xresources for Emacs. I have Gnu Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars), I have printed out its corresponding manual and I am trying to adapt the look and feel of Emacs to the Gnome theme I have chosen (mozilla-modern, metallic blue colors).

To do so, I first tried to create an .Xresource file and to change some of the parameters by myself, using the information given in the manual. Unfortunately, I did not find in the manual all the information I was looking for and I never really succeeded in getting what I wanted. From that I played a little bit with a program called grdb (Set X resources of legacy applications consistently with the chosen gtk theme) and krdb (same thing with KDE) but I was not really pleased either with the result. I would like to improve this but to do so, I need a complete, exhaustive and well documented (that is to say, adapted to the newbye that I am in X resources setting...) list of the X resources for Emacs (especially for the scroll bars and the button field).

Does any one knows where I could find this?

Thanks in advance

                        Daniel
Daniel TOURDE                             E-mail : daniel.tourde@foi.se
                                             Tel : +46 (0)8-55 50 43 44
                                        Cellular :  +46 (0)70-849 93 40
   FOI, Swedish Defence Research Agency; Aeronautics Division - FFA
       Dept. of Wind Energy and Aviation Environmental Research
SE-172 90 Stockholm, Sweden                     Fax : +46 (0)8-25 34 81