Re: initial frame

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: initial frame
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:51:28 GMT

tcp wrote:

> He Le,
>
>  This did not work. The frame with the "*scratch*" buffer still up.

Yes, it will.  But the first file you send to edit with gnuclient will use the
initial frame.  So, number of frames, will always equal number of files
you've sent gnuclient to edit.

I don't know how to prevent the initial emacs frame containing "*scratch" from
coming up.

>  And it did not more it to the end-of-the-buffer.

Well, it does for me.

>  I actually want a command line option type to move the cursor
>  to the end of the buffer. Not for every opened file.

'+n file' will move to line n after loading file.  If you specify a large
enough n, you'll move to the end of the buffer.

You can use the -eval option to evaluate any piece of lisp code as well.

--
Le