Re: Cool Trick Part 3: Doing It On MS Windows : Switching Ctrl & Caps

From: Peter Karp
Subject: Re: Cool Trick Part 3: Doing It On MS Windows : Switching Ctrl & Caps Lock Key Mappings
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:49:43 +0200

On 10 Sep 2002 12:03:30 -0700, stevesusenet@yahoo.com (Steve) wrote:

> I haven't tried this yet, but it looks like it may be possible to
> alter key mappings on ms windows in a reasonable easy way:
>

> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article02-022

You might also like to take a look at:

        www.karpfenteich.net/pit/

<shameless plug>

On my homepage you'll find descriptions and programs how to remap
_all_ keys under different flavours of Windows (9x to XP) or also how
to disable a key under NT/W2K/XP. There are even more tips to help
german programmers to reach the {}[]\ and @ chars easier and faster on
a german keyboard while still being able to access the umlauts as
usual. Last not least I recommend clipboard managers to help with the
rest of the text entry :-)

The only downside is that the page is in german. If I get more
feedback I'll think about translating it to english too.

</shameless plug>

Greetings from Cologne
Peter