Re: How add one to column # on modeline (%c) so starts from _1_?

From: seberino
Subject: Re: How add one to column # on modeline (%c) so starts from _1_?
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:49:31 -0700

Eli

Thanks for this tip!
I read Emacs Lisp manual on this and followed the example.
After some tweaking I can get eval to print something without
an error by adding following to modeline list....

'(:eval "%c + 1")

The ' and the double quotes are necessary.

The above will print "0 + 1" on the modeline when in the first column.

*****How can I tell Emacs to evaluate the *addition* in quotes rather
     than just interpret it as a /string/????

Chris

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 07:52:58AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 seberino@spawar.navy.mil wrote:
>
> > %c on modeline gives column number but it
> > starts at 0 which is silly...
> >
> > How add 1 to this so starts at 1???
> >
> > (%c + 1) doesn't do it of course.
>
> Try the (:eval FORM) construct.