Re: S-up and emacs -nw?

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: S-up and emacs -nw?
Date: 14 Oct 2002 11:34:08 -0400

>> It would help if you were a bit more forthcoming with hard-data.
>> I don't even know what terminal you're using.
> My apologies.  I'm not at the box, but I tried this with the Debian
> console (not sure the default terminal type) and with a cygwin
> terminal window.  X is not an option for me; console only.
> My cygwin termcap entry reads:
> cygwin:\
>       :xn@:op=\E[39;49m:Km=\E[M:te=\E[2J\E[?47l\E8:ti=\E7\E[?47h:tc=linux:
> Which unfortunately means next to nothing to me.  Thanks!

Termcap/terminfo is used to describe to Emacs (and other applications) how
the terminal behaves.  In your case, you don't want to describe its behavior
but you want to change it instead.  How to do this changes from one terminal
to the next.  I know how to do it with xterm.

I think `loadkeys' is on the right track as far as the GNU/Linux
console goes.  As for cygwin's terminal, I have no idea.

        Stefan