Re: capturing commands

From: Bernd Wolter
Subject: Re: capturing commands
Date: 18 Oct 2002 09:40:06 +0200

googleartist@yahoo.com (Artist) writes:

[...]

>   This works and really good for simple things
>   Now only if we can build automagic menu out of this stuff, for the
> mostly access commands ( except self-insert-command and few others for
> which I would define) and select directly from there, that would be
> nice.
>

> Thanks,
> Artist

Admittedly I didn't follow this thread closely, so I'm not really sure
if this helps you ... but there was keyolution.el posted by Volker
Franz some time in January to gnu.emacs.sources. It captures all your
(mode-specific) key presses and stores them to a file. The statistics
part you then have to do yourself (flush-lines, wc, sort, etc., there
are examples in the commentary). Perhaps this helps you for the data
gathering part of what you want. As for the automagic menu part,
that's way beyond me, sorry.

HTH

bernd