Re: installing emacs and X11 on OS X

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: installing emacs and X11 on OS X
Date: 23 Oct 2002 14:14:19 +0200

HJ> Hi,
HJ>     I'd like to know if the mac/README and mac/INSTALL instructions of
HJ> the emacs-21.2.tar.gz archive enables to install a version of emacs that
HJ> is a full blown X11 application on mac OS X?

HJ> The version already installed on my machine (OS 10.2) only works in
HJ> terminal mode.

Why would you want an X11 version? There is a Carbon version which is
nicer. The tar file mentioned above should compile into the Carbon version
if you configure with --without-x. Or checkout the cvs if you want the
newest (I use this all the time).
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum@hccnet.nl