Re: pkunzip emacs 21.2

From: Lee Sau Dan
Subject: Re: pkunzip emacs 21.2
Date: 04 Nov 2002 08:57:26 +0100

>>>>> "jerry" == jerry d <jeroeninperu@hotmail.com> writes:

    jerry> Unfortunately this failed, because emacs is looking
    jerry> for pkunzip, instead of gunzip which (I think) was used in
    jerry> the previous version.

I don't think  so, as gunzip cannot handle ZIP files  with more than 1
files stored inside.  gunzip can  only extract the first file, but not
the rest.

    jerry> How can make 21.2 behave the same as "the good old" 20.7 in
    jerry> this matter?

Why not  look for the *free*  program Info-ZIP?  I'm think  there is a
Windows/DOS version, as  its manpage does mention about  usage in DOS,
Windows95 and WindowsNT (as well as unix, VMS, OS/2).

$ unzip
UnZip 5.50 of 17 February 2002, by Info-ZIP.  Maintained by C. Spieler.  Send
bug reports to the authors at Zip-Bugs@lists.wku.edu; see README for details.

Usage: unzip [-Z] [-opts[modifiers]] file[.zip] [list] [-x xlist] [-d exdir]
  Default action is to extract files in list, except those in xlist, to exdir;
  file[.zip] may be a wildcard.  -Z => ZipInfo mode ("unzip -Z" for usage).

Here is an excerpt of the manpage:

URL
       The Info-ZIP home page is currently at
           http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/