HTML Editing in Emacs

From: Sam Peterson
Subject: HTML Editing in Emacs
Date: 13 Nov 2002 16:08:54 -0800

Hi folks,

I've using html-helper-mode with Emacs to create a few web pages of
mine.  I'm beginning to get the hang of it and I'm really starting to
like it, been writing macros, etc.  However, there's one thing I
really need that I'm not sure how to provide.

If I have several web pages that cross reference each other, or an
image referenced from several web pages, and I'd like to rename or
move one of these files, I need to manually update all references to
it.  I need a facility that could move and rename files and update all
references for me.

Bloated web site tools such as Dreamweaver and Frontpage provide this.
I hate these tools, but this particular mechanism is very nice.  Is
there any such "site" tools for Emacs, or if not for Emacs, is there a
nice minimalistic external program that could provide this facility,
and thereby it would be an easy task of just writing a few elisp
functions to interface with it?
--
Sam Peterson
skpeterson@ucdavis.edu